In order to search the ISRCTN Register:
- Enter a keyword or phrase into the SEARCH FOR text box
- Choose the registers that you would like to search within by ticking the box by each subset. If you would like to search all registers, then please tick the ALL REGISTERS search box.
- You may select the results to be ordered by relevance (i.e. frequency of keyword or phrase), alphabetically by trial title, or by register. You may select 10, 20 or 50 records to appear on each results page by selecting from the MAX RESULTS pull-down box.
- Click the SUBMIT button.
- Keep your search string simple and without nested statements or parenthesis to avoid system halting.
General note: Certain short words such as "the", "in" and "of" are too common to be indexed and are not sought unless they are part of a phrase.
Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT)
Search terms may be linked using the following logical search filters or operators:
- AND: when used between two words or phrases the AND operator will retrieve all trial records containing both the words or phrases, e.g. cancer AND radiotherapy
- OR: when used between two terms the OR operator will retrieve all trial records containing either word or phrase (or both), e.g. aspirin OR paracetamol
- NOT: when entered before a search word or phrase, the NOT operator will not retrieve records containing that word or phrase, e.g. diabetes NOT cancer
For more information on performing a search, please contact the CCT Editorial Team.